Taking Off the Pounds

Sunday, October 22, 2006

When I was at my heaviest, over 300 pounds, my wedding ring was so tight I couldn’t wear it. It sat on my dresser unworn. In fact, I was thinking of getting it resized larger. Well, now, as the pounds have gone away the problem solved itself. The ring went back on my finger. It became a bit of a symbol of my ongoing weight-loss success.

Okay, now I’m having a pleasant problem.

Lately I’ve found the ring is too loose. I’m afraid I’ll loose it if it slips off my finger! So it looks like I’ll need to resize my ring after all. But I’ll tell you something: It’s a lot nicer to need to resize a ring because it is too big, than to resize it because it is too small.

It’s the little successes that keep me going as the weight melts off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home