Taking Off the Pounds

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Well, I'm packing up and getting ready to go. I have a 1 AM flight out to LA.

One of the problems of traveling when you want to live a healthy lifestyle are the limited choices. Many areas are better ... even McDonalds is offering some half'way healthy salads now as part of the menu ... but there are still limitations.

One big limitation in international travel are the limitations on foods you can bring across borders. Most fruits and vegetables are not allowed, so you can only bring enough healthy snacks to last you at the airport and the flight. Once you arrive in your new country, you are on your own.

In my case it will be a problem. I fly from guayaquil, Ecuador to Houston, arriving about 6 AM, but only have 90 minutes to go through customs before catching my next flight to LAX. Then I'll arrive in LA at about 10 AM. So I'll be on the run for 10 hours.

I'll let you all know how it goes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home